Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's The Small Things

So, first off, to show how random I am; I had to force myself to not start singing "All The Small Things" when I wrote that. Anywho, that is not why I dropped by. I stopped in to just say a few simple things. Basically, the title sums it up. It's the small things in life that get me. They didn't used to, in fact I barely even noticed them, but my whole outlook on life has changed. This morning I spoke up in church about my healing and how my life has changed, something I wouldn't have done when I first started going there. Now, I sit on my couch listening to my mom talk to my brother on the phone while I knit a scarf and chill in a chat room with my online familia. I'm going to get some hot cocoa after I finish this post, too, with extra cool whip!! So basically, my point is this: That description sounds SO simple, right? I'm not doing anything special. I'm not at Disneyland with my friend like I originally was supposed to be, but that is okay!! I am here, at home, relaxing in God's peace. I am content and joyous and life is good! I feel the Christmas spirit despite our lack of decorating for the most part. I look forward to the coming year for the first time in over a decade! All of this comes from me just sitting here with my knitting, some chat room friends, my four legged kids, and my mom talking to my brother. SO simple, yet so fulfilling. God is awesome! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment